Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cold/Sickness - 1, Fleck - 0

Finally, whatever, I have is loosening it's grip on me. Just in the last 48 hours - I have started to say, for the first time in over three weeks that I am feeling close to "Normal".

I would have to go back to the time I had pneumonia back about 8 years ago to say that I have had something that has lasted as long as this. This was nowhere near as bad as the pneumonia - that left me in bed for well over a week and off work for over three weeks. That was real bad. For this, I was functional, for all the day-to-day things that needed to get done, but I was feeling lousy and lethargic all the Time.

Having a good ride at the World Championship Hill/Mountain Climb on the big group ride at TriFest in is now officially off. I had grand plans for a big push to get ready for that, but now I am back at ground zero, in terms of fitness. Still a month to go, so never say never, but you can only do so much in a month. Two full months would have been better.

I did some more asking around and found out that I was not alone in suffering with this cold-but-not-a-cold thing for such a long time. A number of other folks mentioned to me that they had a similar bug and could not really put a finger on it or describe what it was. Personally, I would have preferred to have my garden variety head-cold which typically runs it's course in 7 - 8 days if I take care of myself. It's really bad for about 3 - 4 of those days, but it then goes away - it does not grind on at a low level for 3+ weeks!!

Anyway, enough of this. There are people who are suffering with far worse than what I have and the good news is that I feel pretty good today and tomorrow hopefully even better.

Onwards and upwards.

More news oriented and interesting content coming shortly.

No comments: